Plus Size Liposuction
And while liposuction isn’t a weight loss procedure, you can get a plus size liposuction to eliminate these fat pockets even if you haven’t reached your ideal weight yet.
But before committing to plus size liposuction Miami, here are some answers to your frequently asked questions about the procedure to help you decide if it’s the right one for you.
What is Plus Size Liposuction?
Liposuction is a cosmetic procedure that removes excess body fat by suctioning it out. You can target particular areas of your body, such as the abdomen, thighs, hips, buttocks, neck, and arms.
Usually, your plastic surgeon can only remove a small amount of fat at a time. But with plus size liposuction like what Dr. Nick Masri offers, he can remove as much as 4-5 liters in one sitting, which is why it’s also called large volume liposuction.
Aside from removing excess body fat, liposuction also contours specific body areas for a tighter and slimmer appearance. That’s why liposuction is also referred to as body contouring or lipoplasty.
You can combine liposuction with other cosmetic surgeries such as tummy tuck, breast reduction, and facelift. But as previously mentioned, liposuction is not a substitute for traditional weight loss.
What are the Benefits of Plus Size Liposuction?
The truth is, the higher the amount of fat removed, the more risks and complications you’re subjecting yourself to. That’s why there’s a limit of five liters of fat removal in a single sitting.
But studies show that plus size liposuction Miami also has long-term health benefits, like less cardiovascular risk, improved metabolic balance, and lower insulin resistance.
Nick Masri MD,
Miami's top board-certified plastic surgeon.
With over 20 years of experience operating on post-bariatric and massive weight loss patients, Dr. Masri can offer cosmetic surgery to those who may have been turned down by other surgeons due to their high BMI – giving them a chance to achieve their dream body.
MON – FRI 9 AM – 5 PM EST
Are You a Good Candidate for Large Volume Liposuction?
Thanks to the latest cosmetic surgery technologies, you can get large volume liposuction, whatever your body type may be. It is best to consult with Dr. Masri, a top Miami plastic surgeon who specializes in plus size liposuction. Generally, you’re an ideal candidate for liposuction if you’re healthy and have a stable weight.
To get plus size liposuction Florida, you should fulfill the following requirements:
- Have a stable or declining weight
- Have firm and elastic skin
- Do not smoke
- Do not have underlying conditions such as heart disease, weak immune system, or diabetes
You should also have realistic expectations from the procedure, as most people have the misconception that liposuction is a shortcut to weight loss. Take note of the following limitations of the procedure
- Liposuction cannot tighten your skin.
- The procedure will not remove your stretch marks.
- If you have cellulite, liposuction is not the solution.
- Liposuction won’t help you lose weight.
- Liposuction is not a substitute for bariatric surgery.
- The procedure is not an alternative to exercise and healthy eating habits.
- It doesn’t remove visceral fat.
What Should You Do Before the Procedure?
Before your plus size liposuction Florida, you should prepare yourself through the following tips:
- Consult with Dr. Masri. Plus-sized individuals should search for plus-sized liposuction surgeons who deal with a similar body type, and Dr. Masri is one of the top choices in Miami.
- Ask for plus size liposuction before and after photos to get an idea of Dr. Masri’s expertise. These allow you to assess how Dr. Masri approached similar body types and how effective the procedure was.
- Talk to Dr. Masri about your goals, expectations, and health conditions. Disclose anything that may affect the outcome of your surgery to your surgeon.
- Avoid smoking two weeks before the procedure because it can impair your healing process.
- Stop taking blood-thinning medications before your plus size liposuction Miami to lower your risk of bleeding.
How Does Plus Size Liposuction Work?
Before the actual surgery, you’ll be given either regional or general anesthesia by your anesthesiologist. Regional anesthesia is applied only to the target area to numb it, while general anesthesia is applied to your whole body. You may also be given a sedative through an IV injection to calm and relax you.
Once you are unconscious, the surgical team will inject a solution into your body to decrease bleeding. At the same time, this medical solution will keep skin and fat separate from body structures, like blood vessels and muscles, to prevent damage.
Dr. Masri will start making small incisions on your skin. He inserts a tube called a cannula into these incisions, vacuuming as much as five liters of fat from your body.
Once the procedure is done, you’ll be sent to the recovery room, where you’ll stay for about two to three hours. Dr. Masri will also provide special instructions for your recovery.
Is There a Plus Size Liposuction Surgeon for You?
Many surgeons pride themselves on helping others gain confidence in their bodies. But not all plastic surgeons are fit to perform plus size liposuction.
Dr. Masri offers plus size liposuction for patients with a BMI of up to 45. Here are the top reasons why you should highly consider him:
- He is double-certified by the American Board of Surgery and the American Board of Plastic Surgery, ensuring that he has had extensive plastic surgery training.
- Dr. Masri does all of his operations in accredited hospitals that meet the national standard safety requirements. You can rest easy knowing that you’ll get your plus size liposuction Florida in a location that’s immediately accessible to emergency equipment and trained staff.
- Dr. Masri has an extensive portfolio of plus size liposuction before and after photos to help you see if his aesthetics match your own.
- During consultation, Dr. Masri will ask you about your goals and expectations in getting the procedure. After all, a surgeon who cannot communicate well and gain trust from his clients is a big no-no.
- You can ask questions during your consultation with Dr. Masri to help you gauge his knowledge and skill about plus size liposuction.
Whenever you find yourself uncomfortable with fat pockets that won’t go away with diet and exercise, you may want to consider getting liposuction.
Plus size liposuction can help your body appear tighter and more toned, even if you have a body mass index that’s higher than average.
If you want to know more about how plus size liposuction can help you improve your quality of life, consult Dr. Masri today.
I do not use BMI as a sole criterion in determining one's candidacy for surgery.
As all patients have individualized goals and surgical nuances, a high BMI should not prevent them from achieving their plastic surgery goals.
Nick Masri MD
Double Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon